Books, books and more books – I can’t seem to get enough! I wanted to share with you some of my recent and current reads/listens:
- Making Ideas Happen by Scott Belsky (audiobook): Such a great book and it’s one that I have to listen to again, because it’s that good.
- On Writing by Stephen King (audiobook): I listened to this book ages ago and just recently started to listen to it again. Though the book is primarily about writing, I’m sure that I can use his tips and suggestions for my art/drawing practice.
- This Year I Will… by M.J. Ryan (audiobook): Currently listening to this one right now… Sometimes I just need that extra motivation, so this one seems like a good listen so far.
- Ed Emberley’s Drawing Book of Faces by Ed Emberley: I have been using the Emberley books for my drawing practice and this one is on my “next to practice” list.
- Steal Like an Artist by Austin Kleon: I heard about this book via my friend Nicole (I usually end up buying whatever Nicole recommends because she always finds the best books). Anyway, still reading this one, but learning a lot already. For example, he suggests making your own “art family tree”… a little hard to explain, so you’ll have to get the book.