As many of you may know, my day job is a business manager for our local library. My job is at the administration part of the library – the employee/bookkeeping side of things, so during my tea and cookies break, I visit the Children’s Department of our library to check out what’s new… Also, Jude has been asking me everyday if I can bring him home “5 books” and I’ve been trying to do that for him, but I’ve also been forgetting to return the books, so we are up to over 60 books out right now… I know, pretty crazy!
One of the great perks of working at the library is seeing what is new/best books for kids! I mentioned the Cat the Cat series by Mo Willems before and we just love the Mo Willems books! So I was excited to stumble upon the “Elephant and Piggie” series – these books have been out for some time, but Mo Willems is continually adding to the series. The books are just really fun to read!
Our Favorites (amazon affiliate links and description):
- We Are in a Book – Gerald and Piggie discover the joy of being read. But what will happen when the book ends?
- I Broke My Trunk – Gerald tells Piggie the long, crazy story about breaking his trunk. Will Piggie end up with a long, crazy story of her own?
- My Friend is Sad – Gerald is down in the dumps. Piggie is determined to cheer him up by dressing as a cowboy, a clown, and even a robot! But what does it take to make a sad elephant happy? The answer will make even pessimistic elephants smile.
- Should I Share my Ice Cream – Gerald has a big decision to make. But will he make it in time?
Go check out this great “Elephant and Piggie” series at your local library!
Resources and Links:
- Mo’s site
- More books by Mo Willems
- Parent section – Totally worth checking out!
- Elephant and Piggie party kit – So many fun activities!