It’s amazing to see the many book apps that are constantly added to the Apple iTunes store. I’m always downloading awesome books to add to our growing library!
Here is a list of our current favorite books and magazines:
- Mr. Brown Can Moo by Dr. Seuss ($1.99 – iPad and iPhone): “Oh, the wonderful things Mr. Brown can do! Join the fun as Mr. Brown displays his talent, imitating everything from cows and trains to a hippopotamus chewing gum!” Jude absolutely loves this app! He enjoys all the fun sounds that Mr. Brown can do – so during the day, I hear him making some of the noises found in this book – too funny!
- Leo the Lightning Bug by Eric Drachman: ($2.99 – iPad and iPhone) “Children will identify with Leo and grasp the importance of believing in themselves as they follow Leo’s adventure to make his very own light.” This interactive book contains a wonderful story, plus such fun illustrations.
- Anorak Magazine ($0.99 – iPhone) – “The ‘Happy App’ for Kids’ promises to keep little minds inspired and entertained when travelling or on the go.” We are a huge fan of Anorak Magazine, so when I found out that had an iphone app, I just had to get it! The app has articles that the kids can read, but it also includes fun games, drawing activities and more!
- Timbuktu (Free – iPad) – “Timbuktu is the first iPad magazine for children. It combines imagination and technology to display news and stories through the most advanced methods of education.” This magazine is filled with amazing and fun illustrations… I enjoy reading it this magazine too, plus, it’s free! Win, win!
- Going to Bed Book by Sandra Boynton ($2.99 – iPad) – “The Going to Bed Book app has all the magic and appeal of a traditional pop-up book, offering lively interactivity and thoroughly mesmerizing discovery.” Talk about interactive! The book has something for the kids to do on every page – such a fun and entertaining book!